A. Note: Applicant need only complete the numbered items on the application. Sign and date the
application, return to Building Department along with the following submittals:
1. Two sets of building plans along with an engineered foundation plan and any additional
B. The Plans will include the following information:
1. Footing and Foundation details
2. Floor system and details of floor framing, including joist size, span and spacing. Beam
size type and spacing of supports. Show location and size of any openings.
3. Roof details, including type of supports (truss, rafters or post and beam), type and
thinkness of roof sheathing, type of roof covering and documentation that the roof
systems meets or exceeds code standards for snow.
4. Plumbing and Mechanical details.
5. Floor plan with dimensions. Location, type and size of windows and doors.
6. Plot plan showing dimension of lot with setbacks. Existing structures in relation of
proposed construction. Foot print of new construction with location of well and septic.
Property address if known.
Properties being accessed from county roads must have access permits from the Moffat County
Road and Bridge Department.
Septic permits are required and are issued through the Moffat County Building Department, or
through the Maybell Sanitation District.
Plan review routinely takes 2 weeks; however during heavy construction periods it may take up
to three weeks. Commercial plans that are contracted out of office can take considerably longer. Plan
check fees are applicable and may be accessed at the discretion of the Building Official, based upon set
standards and fee structures.